If you are working with the Umbraco Content Management System there is a big chance you’ve heard of the CMSImport package by Richard Soeteman.
CMSImport PRO helps you import content or members from any datasource into Umbraco.
CMSImport PRO allows you to save wizard steps so you can run an import later or schedule it for a certain date and time. When you re-run an import existing records will be updated and the new records will be added. When media is imported references in content or member data will be updated automatically.
Best of all CMSImport Pro makes it possible to import structured data. This allows you to import a complete product catalog, blogposts including comments, or any structure with the same ease as normal data!
CMSimport is optimized to work with uWebshop.
uWebshop Excel catalog
We created an Excel sheet to help you with your importing needs:
The Excel file Data source requires you to install the Microsoft Data Connectivity Components before CMSimport can handle the importing.
Below you’ll find a explanation of the Sheets and cells of the file.
There are 4 sheets: Categories, Products, Pricings and Variants. They correspond with the uWebshop catalog structure. Each sheet has it’s own set of properties. If multi language is added in the description below, that means this are fields that can be unique per installed shop language. You could create a new column in the sheet for that value for each language in your shop. CMSimport will show you the tab on which the property is, so you can easily connect the right language to the right property.
- Categories sheet
- CategoryID = ID of the Category
- ParentCategoryID = ID of the parent Category (if subcategory)
- CategoryTitle = Title of the Category (multi language)
- CategoryURLName = URL name of the Category (multi language)
- CategoryDescription = Description of the Category (multi language)
- CategoryTags = Tags of the Category (multi language)
- CategoryImage = Image of the Category
- Products sheet
- ProductID = ID of the Product
- ProductCategoryID = ID of the Category this product is in, should match a CategoryID of the “Category” sheet.
- ProductCode = Code of the Product
- ProductTitle = Title of the Product (multi language)
- ProductURLname = URL name of the Product (multi language)
- ProductShortDescription = Short description of the product (multi language)
- ProductFullDescription = Full description of the product (multi language)
- ProductTags = Tags of the Product (multi language)
- ProductImages = Images of the Product
- ProductFiles = Files of the product
- Pricing sheet
- PricingID = ID of the pricing
- PricingProductID = ID of the Product this pricing is for, should match the ProductID of the “Products” sheet.
- PricingCode = Code of the pricing
- PricingWeight = Weight of this pricing item
- PricingStock = Formula that checks for both the pricingNoVariantStock & pricingVariantStock fields, when pricingVariantStock is empty or 0, it displays the pricingNoVariantStock field. This field should be used for getting the right product stock value.
- PricingNoVariantStock = Stock value for if a product doesn’t have any variant options
- PricingVariantStock = Sum that checks all the variants on the “PricingVariant” sheet. It will look for all the rows where the “PricingVariantID“matches the “PricingID” on the “Pricing” sheet, sums all the stocks values of those rows and puts them in this pricingVariantStock field.
- (it currently checks only the first 5000 rows, but you can adjust the formula for this cell if you have more rows).
- Enabled = this pricing stock can be in backorder, where the value will be able to go below 0.
- Disabled = this pricing stock can not be in backorder, the value should not go below 0.PricingName
- PricingTitle = Title of the Pricing (multi language)
- PricingDescription = Description of the Pricing (multi language)
- PriceWithoutTax = The price of this item without tax (multi language)
- PriceTaxPercentage = The tax percentage of this item. Make sure this value is configured in the “SSWS – VAT Picker” Data Type.
- PricingVariant Sheet
- VariantID = ID of the variant
- VariantPricingID = ID of the pricing this variant is for, should match the pricingID of the “Pricing” sheet.
- VariantGroupTitle = Title of the group this variant is part of
- VariantWeight = Weight of this variant
- VariantStock = Stock amount of this variant
- VariantTitle = Title of this variant (multi language)
- VariantAddedValue = Value added to the pricing when this variant is added (multi language)
Connect the sheets to Document Types
The corresponding uWebshop Document types to connect to are:
- DocumentType for Category sheet is SSWS – Category (sswsCategory)
- DocumentType for Product sheet is SSWS – Product (sswsProduct)
- DocumentType for Pricing sheet is SSWS – Pricing (sswsPricing)
- DocumentType for Pricing Variant sheet is SSWS – Pricing Variant (sswsPricingVariant)